1/1 Photo of Broiled Fish With Lemon Grass
This is the way I grill large fishes, I wrapped it with aluminum foil so that the liquids will not spill out, it will taste better since the spices will absorb on it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1 kg) whole fish, cleaned, intestines removed
- 1 stalk lemongrass, tied like a knot
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, grated
- 2 onions, chopped thinly
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- salt and pepper
- 1Make a some deep slits on both sides of the fish. Sprinkle and rub both sides with the turmeric powder.
- 2Combine half of the onions with grated ginger, salt and pepper and fill each slit of the fish with the mixture.
- 3Insert the lemon grass inside the fish (the cavity that contains the intestines which you removed).
- 4Wrap the fish with aluminum foil then grill over low-medium heat. Grill each side for 8-10 minutes.
- 5While grilling, mix the remaining onions, olive oil, lime juice, soy sauce, pepper, garlic and ginger powder.
- 6Unwrap the fish, brush the sauce mixture on it then grill again over low heat, 2 minutes each side.
- 7Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broiled Fish With Lemon Grass
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 88.7
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1008.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: