Uncle Bob's recipe Inspired me to make these. I made his Grilled Fresh Figs on Rosemary Skewers and they were so good. I just wanted to kick it up a bit!
- Strip the leaves from the bottom of the rosemary stems, leaving about 1 1/2 inches of leaves at the tip.
- Place the stems in a bowl and add cold water to cover; soak for at least 30 minutes.
- Skewer fig halves crosswise on each rosemary stem.
- Arrange the skewers on a plate with the cut sides of the figs facing up.
- In a small bowl, mix together honey and lemon juice.
- Brush the honey/lemon mixture over the cut side of the figs.
- Preheat the broiler to high.
- Broil the figs cut side up until they are lightly browned and softened, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Top with cheese and place back under broiler for 1 minute.
- Serve on the skewers while still hot.