Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A simple dessert or breakfast that brings together two Mediterranean classics. Though the recipe calls for either white or turbinado sugar, the later yields a better carmelization on the figs. Have not tried brown sugar but it may also work quite well.
- 8 fresh figs, stemmed and cut in half
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar or 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 cups Greek yogurt (whole or low fat is your choice)
- Place figs in a glass baking dish cut side up. Sprinkle with sugar. Broil on high for 5 minutes. The sugar topping should syrupy and bubble a bit.
- I prefer plain yogurt, but if you like a sweeter dish mix 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla and 1 or 2 tablespoons of sugar into the yogurt.
- Spoon yogurt onto bottom of dessert bowls or plates. Place figs on top.
Figs were on sale this week and I was looking for a simple dish. I'm glad I found this one. Really good. I had it on yoghurt and husband on vanilla ice cream.
Tastes decadent; feels healthy! Yay!
I did use plain yogurt. I torched the figs with my CREME BRULEE MICRO TORCH. Made it quick and easy!