Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
This is a really quick and easy recipe for eggplant.
- 1 small eggplant (about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Pare and cut eggplant into 1/2 inch slices.
- Set oven control at broil and/or 550 degrees.
- Place eggplant slices on rack in broiler pan. Brush butter on slices; season with salt and pepper.
- Broil with tops about 3 inches from heat until eggplant is hot and tender. about 6 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, heat tomato sauce and garlic powder, stirring occasionally. Serve on eggplant slices.
What a great quick and easy eggplant recipe! I love eggplant and it's flavor comes through here without any thick breading. I added oregano and basil to my tomato sauce. Yum - thanks for sharing the recipe!
Another quick recipe saved dinner! I needed to use up an egglplant and it was getting late; this recipe caught my eye. I actually used spray butter and ready made spaghetti sauce and the two of us were quite impresed! I added some fresh parmesan on top and stuck it under the broiler for another minute. The cheese added a little crunch. The only reason I didn't give it five stars is probably more of a personal preference as the texture was not a favorite of mine, but the taste was fantastic!
An easy tasty dinner! I fancied it up by putting the grilled eggplant in a dish and pouring the pasta sauce over the top then adding some cheese and popping it in the oven for a little while until the cheese melted. Served over polenta with steamed veggies. Yum!