Recipe by morgainegeiser
This is a really quick and easy recipe for eggplant.
Top Review by loof
What a great quick and easy eggplant recipe! I love eggplant and it's flavor comes through here without any thick breading. I added oregano and basil to my tomato sauce. Yum - thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 1 small eggplant (about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Pare and cut eggplant into 1/2 inch slices.
- Set oven control at broil and/or 550 degrees.
- Place eggplant slices on rack in broiler pan. Brush butter on slices; season with salt and pepper.
- Broil with tops about 3 inches from heat until eggplant is hot and tender. about 6 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, heat tomato sauce and garlic powder, stirring occasionally. Serve on eggplant slices.