Recipe by Chef RZ Fan
This is from the Busy Peoples Low-Carb Cookbook by Dawn Hall. I like to serve this as a Main Dish with brown rice and a salad. It would also go nicely with spaghetti and garlic bread !
- 1 eggplant, peeled and sliced lengthwise into 1/2 inch slices
- 1⁄2 cup zesty fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic, drained
- 1 cup shredded fat free mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place top oven rack 3 inches below broiler and preheat the broiler.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil and spray with a non fat cooking spray or olive oil spray.
- Put a single layer of eggplant slices on the sprayed pan.
- Drizzle 1/4 cup of salad dressing on the eggplant slices and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Broil the eggplant for three minutes,turn over and drizzle with rest of the italian dressing and broil for 7 minutes or until tender.
- Spread the diced tomatoes over the eggplant and sprinkle with the shredded mozzarella.
- Top off with Italian seasoning.
- Put it under the broiler until the cheese is golden brown -- about 3 minutes.
- Enjoy !