Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
From my Mom's recipe collection. Diced ham might be a nice addition to this open faced sandwich.
- 113.39 g cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 eggs, hardboiled, peeled, chopped
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 29.58 ml pimentos, chopped
- 4.92 ml parsley, minced
- 2.46 ml horseradish
- salt & pepper
- 4 hamburger buns or 4 similar rolls
- Preheat Broiler.
- Mix all ingredients except buns in a medium mixing bowl.
- Split Hamburger Buns and spread egg mixture on all 8 bun halves.
- Broil 4-5 inches from heat until golden brown.
Delicious! I made this for a simple brunch, and my DH and I really enjoyed it. It was something different, and we loved the added zing of the horseradish. I didn't have any pimento on hand, but otherwise made it as written. Thanks for posting this recipe of your Mom's! Made in honour of Janice. Love ya Bren!
This was very good, quite similar to what my mom used to make when I was kid, we use to beg her to make it. Made for ZWT6
My favorite heartattck on a bun has ALWAYS been grilled egg salad with cheese. And this is a more perfect, flavorful version. When you need extra special care, take this one, for medicinal purposes, of course. 27*, 5 just aren't enough, Nick's Mom.