Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Savoury hors d'oeuvres
- 4 small tomatoes, halved
- 4 -5 cloves garlic, mashed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- In bowl, combine garlic, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add oil, drop by drop, whisking till smooth.
- Place tomatoes in a buttered baking dish and spread with mustard mixture.
- Broil tomatoes 3 inches from heat for 1 minute or until tops are bubbly and golden.
Yessir, Miller, these are savoury! Excellent recipe! I did not use these as hors d'oeuvres, but I used them as a side dish for grilled sirloin. Very, very tasty, and very easy to prepare. I had fresh tomatoes, not those awful grocery store fake ones. I will probably be making this many times this summer. Thanks for a great recipe.
I tried these last night to use up some extra tomatoes. They taste fabulous. I had them for dinner with grilled eggplant and toast. I dont really care for mustard but the flavour is so good you dont taste it as mustard (if that makes sense) Try it anyways. And for garlic lovers you cant beat this.