Recipe by Erin K. Brown
This recipe is great for parties, and you can store it ready-to-go in the freezer for up to two months. It's very handy to keep some frozen for those random black-tie affairs that sometimes pop up at one's residence unexpectedly. This recipe came from "Southern Living, 1993 Annual Recipes". I have found this a great gift for batchelor friends, stores easily, broils easily and impresses ladies and parents alike!
Top Review by LindaC 143
This recipe is great. I've made it for the past few years for our family and they love it. It's so easy to fix and I love the fact that they can be made ahead and placed in the freezer until ready to eat. Linda/Michigan
- 1 (7 ounce) jarsharp processed cheese spread
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can lump crabmeat (or 8 oz imitation crab)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash seasoning salt
- 6 English muffins, split
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first 6 ingredients. Break apart the crab meat as you like.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons on each cut side of each muffin half.
- Cut each half into 4 pieces and place on baking sheets.
- Freeze at least 30 minutes.
- To serve, broil 6 inches from the heat (with electric oven door partially opened) 3 minutes or until puffed and bubbly.
- If storing for later, place pieces into a tupperware, separating each layer with waxed paper to keep the gooey cheese from sticking.