Recipe by Shawn C
This is a easy way to make a elegant meal that tastes wonderful and has a great presentation look.
- 3 Cornish hens (1 1/2 - 1 3/4 lb each)
- 3 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh is best)
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple slices (juice also)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- rice, for 6 people
- 3 tablespoons parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT 450°F BROILER!
- Remove any giblets and rinse cavity and hen well and pat dry.
- Split hens in half vertically.
- Sprinkle both sides of each half hen with lemon pepper.
- Place skin side down in foil covered broiler pan.
- Place 1 T butter on each cavity half; pour 1 T lemon juice over each half.
- Broil 7 inches away from heat.
- Broil 5 minutes then baste.
- Broil 15 minutes longer.
- Turn hen over; baste and broil 15 minutes, basting 1 to 2 times.
- Place pineapple around hens and sprinkle with sugar. (Be sure to put in the juice). Broil 5 minutes.
- Mix parsley with rice.
- Serve hens over the rice with pineapple slices and drippings for gravy.
- Serve with lemon wedges or slices for garnish as well as for more lemon flavor on hens.