1 hr 10 mins
Shawn C's Note:
This is a easy way to make a elegant meal that tastes wonderful and has a great presentation look.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1PREHEAT 450°F BROILER!
- 2Remove any giblets and rinse cavity and hen well and pat dry.
- 3Split hens in half vertically.
- 4Sprinkle both sides of each half hen with lemon pepper.
- 5Place skin side down in foil covered broiler pan.
- 6Place 1 T butter on each cavity half; pour 1 T lemon juice over each half.
- 7Broil 7 inches away from heat.
- 8Broil 5 minutes then baste.
- 9Broil 15 minutes longer.
- 10Turn hen over; baste and broil 15 minutes, basting 1 to 2 times.
- 11Place pineapple around hens and sprinkle with sugar. (Be sure to put in the juice). Broil 5 minutes.
- 12Mix parsley with rice.
- 13Serve hens over the rice with pineapple slices and drippings for gravy.
- 14Serve with lemon wedges or slices for garnish as well as for more lemon flavor on hens.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broiled Cornish Game Hens
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 289.0
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 139.2 mg
- Sodium 167.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 24.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: