Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a *much* simplified version of clams casino and seems to appeal to many tastes. Less is more. The recipe is inspired by Howard Mitcham's superb Provincetown Seafood Cookbook.
- Chill clams in freezer for 10 minutes or more to relax them.
- Open clams and free them from the shell, using a clam knife and reserving juice.
- Cover a baking sheet with rock salt or crumpled foil.
- Set half shells with clams and juice on the baking sheet, leveling so juice doesn't spill.
- Add a drop or two of Tabasco to each clam.
- Place a piece of bacon on each clam.
- Broil until the bacon is brown.