Recipe by Chopin Liszt
This is a *much* simplified version of clams casino and seems to appeal to many tastes. Less is more. The recipe is inspired by Howard Mitcham's superb Provincetown Seafood Cookbook.
Directions See How It's Made
- Chill clams in freezer for 10 minutes or more to relax them.
- Open clams and free them from the shell, using a clam knife and reserving juice.
- Cover a baking sheet with rock salt or crumpled foil.
- Set half shells with clams and juice on the baking sheet, leveling so juice doesn't spill.
- Add a drop or two of Tabasco to each clam.
- Place a piece of bacon on each clam.
- Broil until the bacon is brown.