Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
From Alton Brown on foodnetwork.com. Delicious - spicy and sweet. Very quick to make.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs salmon fillets
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest or 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Turn the broiler on to high. Line a pan with aluminum foil and place the salmon on the pan.
- Mix together sugar, zest, salt, and pepper. Evenly spread the mixture onto the salmon and allow to sit for at least 5 minutes.
- Put the salmon into the oven and broil for 6 to 8 minutes. Remove the salmon from the oven and allow to rest, uncovered, for 8 to 10 minutes.