From Crazy Good Italian by Mike Isabella
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs chicken pieces
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 lemon, zested and cut into wedges
- 1 1/2 teaspoons plus 1 1/2 t kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 medium russet potatoes, cut into 12 wedges each
- 16 white pearl onions, peeled
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1Preheat oven broiler to high and position rack in the middle of the oven (8 inches from the flame is ideal).
- 2Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and let it rest while completing the next step.
- 3In a small mixing bowl, stir together the olive oil, oregano, garlic, paprika, and lemon zest until it forms a paste.
- 4In a separate mixing bowl, add the chicken, half the paste, and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt. Use your hands to evenly rub the paste over the chicken pieces. Season with pepper and arranges pieces skin side up in a large roasting pan.
- 5In the same bowl mix the potatoes, onions, remaining paste, and salt. Toss to combine and arrange around the chicken pieces in the roasting pan.
- 6Place the pan under the broiler, close to the oven door, and broil for 25 minutes.
- 7Slowly open the door (be careful when opening the door as the smoke and heat can be intense). Remove the pan from the oven and check the temperature of the chicken. The chicken will be done when it reaches a temperature of 160 F and the juices run clear. Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- 8Squeeze lemon wedges over dish and season with sea salt to taste.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broiled Chicken With Potatoes and Onions
Serving Size: 1 (385 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 527.6
- Calories from Fat 298
- Total Fat 33.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 103.5 mg
- Sodium 931.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 29.1 g