Recipe by ktdid
Another quick and easy chicken recipe. It's fun to experiment with different flavored mustards. That can be too much flavor wise with some mustards, so if I'm doing that I put Dijon on one side and the flavored mustard on the other. This was our 1988 Christmas card recipe and remains a favorite.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup dijon-style mustard
- 3 slices bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Break bread into large pieces and process in food processor to make fine crumbs. (Substitute panko bread crumbs and avoid this step if you wish). Place bread crumbs in a pie plate.
- Preheat broiler.
- Place chicken breasts between waxed paper and pound to about 1/2 inch thickness.
- Season with salt and pepper. Spread thin layer of mustard on one side of each breast. Lay mustard side down in the bread crumbs. Spread second side of chicken with additional mustard and coat with bread crumbs. Transfer to greased broiling pan. Drizzle each piece with about 1 tsp olive oil.
- Broil 2-4 inches from heat for 3 minutes. Turn, drizzle with remaining olive oil. Broil 3-4 minutes, or until done.