1/2 Photos of Broiled Chicken With Fig Sauce
this makes a lovely sauce for roast duck or turkey too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place broiler rack 4 to 6 inches from heat source, and turn broiler on.
- 2Sprinkle chicken on both sides with salt and pepper, and place skin-side down in a pan.
- 3Place honey in a 4- to 6-cup saucepan with one tablespoon water, and put on high heat.
- 4Let honey boil for a minute or so, then carefully add wine, cayenne, figs, coriander, orange zest and orange juice.
- 5Mixture should cook steadily; do not let it boil over.
- 6Broil chicken until it begins to brown on skinless side.
- 7Turn it over, then broil until it browns nicely and is cooked all the way through.
- 8Total broiling time will be about 25 minutes.
- 9Cook sauce until figs are very tender, about 15 minutes.
- 10Add lemon juice, then taste, and add more salt, cayenne or lemon as needed.
- 11Serve chicken with sauce spooned over it.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broiled Chicken With Fig Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 403.1
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 89.3 mg
- Sodium 94.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 35.9 g
- Protein 27.3 g