Recipe by Chef Kate
From the Chicago Tribune, this chicken can also be made on a stove-top grill or on the outdoor grill. This is for 2, but the amounts can easily be multiplied for larger parties.
Top Review by svanabs
Very good made as per the recipe. All guests agreed that a bit more sauce would have been nice. Next time it is made I will be doubling the balsamic vinegar mixture. side selections broccoli and coucous
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 apple, cored, halved, thinly sliced
- 29.58 ml balsamic vinegar
- 4.92 ml honey
- 4.92 ml gingerroot, minced
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2.46 ml salt (or to taste)
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the broiler or a grill pan.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat; add the onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion softens, about 5 minutes.
- Add the apple, balsamic vinegar, honey and gingerroot. Cook, stirring frequently, until apple slices soften and onions caramelize, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste and place on a broiler-safe pan.
- Broil, turning halfway through cooking, until cooked through, about 12 minutes. Cut chicken lengthwise into slices; transfer to plates.
- Top with apple-onion mixture.