Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the Chicago Tribune, this chicken can also be made on a stove-top grill or on the outdoor grill. This is for 2, but the amounts can easily be multiplied for larger parties.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 apple, cored, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, minced
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- fresh ground pepper
- Preheat the broiler or a grill pan.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat; add the onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion softens, about 5 minutes.
- Add the apple, balsamic vinegar, honey and gingerroot. Cook, stirring frequently, until apple slices soften and onions caramelize, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste and place on a broiler-safe pan.
- Broil, turning halfway through cooking, until cooked through, about 12 minutes. Cut chicken lengthwise into slices; transfer to plates.
- Top with apple-onion mixture.
Very good made as per the recipe. All guests agreed that a bit more sauce would have been nice. Next time it is made I will be doubling the balsamic vinegar mixture. side selections broccoli and coucous