Chef Kate's Note:
From the Chicago Tribune, this chicken can also be made on a stove-top grill or on the outdoor grill. This is for 2, but the amounts can easily be multiplied for larger parties.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the broiler or a grill pan.
- 2In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat; add the onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion softens, about 5 minutes.
- 3Add the apple, balsamic vinegar, honey and gingerroot. Cook, stirring frequently, until apple slices soften and onions caramelize, about 10 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste and place on a broiler-safe pan.
- 5Broil, turning halfway through cooking, until cooked through, about 12 minutes. Cut chicken lengthwise into slices; transfer to plates.
- 6Top with apple-onion mixture.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broiled Chicken With Apples and Ginger
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.7
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 660.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 27.9 g