1/2 Photos of Broiled Chicken Wings
Chef Booshman's Note:
This recipe comes from a book that claims this was an original recipe from Buffalo, NY. Beats me. I know this is quick, simple and has less clean up effort than frying. A local restaurant prepares them this way also.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2-3 lbs chicken wings, segments
- vegetable cooking spray (Spray Pam)
- 1Preheat Broiler.
- 2Line bottom of broiler pan with foil (for easy clean up). Add a small amount of water, about 1/4 cup. (optional).
- 3Spray top part of broiler pan with Vegetable Spray Oil (Pam).
- 4Arrange chicken wing segments, top side down, on broiler pan.
- 5Place rack on top setting directly under heating element in oven (I have an electric oven).
- 6Broil for 10 or 11 minutes, flip over and broil for another 10 or 11 minutes.
- 7While wings are broiling make sauce.
- 8Place butter, vinegar, and hot sauce in a large plastic container with a sealable lid (Tupperware).
- 9Microwave until butter is melted.
- 10Place cooked, hot, wings into container with melted butter, etc.
- 11Shake once or twice. Open lid to let steam escape or it'll just pop off and then you will have a mess on your hands. Repeat until wings are evenly coated.
- 12Serve with cut up carrot sticks and celery sticks, with Blue Cheese or Ranch Dressing for dipping.
- 13Best served with lots of beer, but then, what isn't?
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broiled Chicken Wings
Serving Size: 1 (348 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 835.1
- Calories from Fat 615
- Total Fat 68.3 g
- Saturated Fat 27.2 g
- Cholesterol 279.4 mg
- Sodium 463.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 52.2 g