- 2 chicken, cut into 4 parts (each about 2 lbs)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 can coconut milk
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon ginger, shredded
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 large onion
- 5 dried chilies, soaked until soft
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound spices until fine and set aside. Rub chicken with salt and set aside. Mix coconut milk with 1 cup of water, add spices then bring to a boil.
- Add chicken pieces and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken and place on a broiling rack.
- Broil for 10 minutes on each side basting with gravy.