Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Chicken breasts kicked up a notch. Fast, easy and UMMMM. Good
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless,about 6 oz.each
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saffron thread
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- Place the red pepper flakes in a small bowl and cover with 1 tbs.
- of boiling water.
- After 10 minutes mash the flakes with the back of a spoon.
- Mix this paste with the ginger, garlic, sea salt, cumin, coriander and saffron.
- Add it all to the yogurt and stir well, incorporating the lime juice last.
- Spoon about three-quarters of the marinade over the breats, moving them around until the are completely covered.
- Refrigerate until ready to cook.
- *Thiscan be done 2 to 3 hours before cooking or overnight.
- Reserve the rest of the marinade in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the broiler and broil the breasts about 4 to 5 minutes on each side, until done.
- Serve with a dollop of the marinade with each breast as an accompaniment.
It rocks!!!!!! works good for tough cuts of meat but recommend you marinade over night for the tough cuts. Also added 1/4 tspn of paprika.