Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
One of my personal favorites from my Best of Country Cooking Cookbook collection. I love chicken cordon bleu, but try to avoid eating too many fried foods. This is a delcious, healthier alternative that tastes great! It looks special enough for company, too - and it is so quick and easy that I often serve it on busy evenings when cooking time is short.
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 4 slices deli ham (thin slices)
- 4 tablespoons honey mustard dressing
- 4 slices swiss cheese (thin slices)
- Broil chicken 4-6 inches from the heat for 3 minutes on each side.
- Brush with butter.
- Broil 4 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear (depending on the thickness of your chicken breasts), turning and basting occasionally.
- Place a ham slice on each chicken breast; broil for 1-2 minutes.
- Spread each with 1 tablespoon dressing; top with cheese.
- Broil for 30 seconds or until cheese is melted.
- Yield: 4 servings.