Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I have had this recipe for years. I don't know where I got it, but it tastes great. I always make more than I think I will need, because the leftovers are even better than the main dish. Prep time does not include marinating time.
- 6 -8 large bone-in chicken breast halves, skinned,fat discarded,washed,and patted dry
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, lightly crushed
- 1 teaspoon lemon & herb seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 -2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 -2 tablespoon chives
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced fresh parsley leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed with 1/4 cup white wine
- 4 teaspoons cold butter, cut in small pieces
- Cut back bone from chicken breasts if desired.
- Sprinkle meaty side evenly with rosemary, lemon/herb seasoning, pepper, seasoned salt, and garlic powder.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice, and rub with olive oil.
- Place in a plastic bag, and let marinate, refrigerated, for at least 8 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator about 1 hour before cooking.
- In a small saucepan, combine lemon juice, wine, rosemary, tarragon, chives, parsley, and garlic.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, and reduce by about half.
- Add corn starch mixture, bring to a boil, and cook until thickened.
- Remove from heat, and add butter, 1 Tsp at a time, blending thoroughly after each addition, and let cool.
- Prepare charcoal (preferred) or gas grill for medium-low heat.
- Place chicken on grill, meaty side up.
- Brush with sauce, and cook for about 1/2 hour, basting several times, and turning once.
- Stir up coals or increase heat to medium.
- Baste again, and turn chicken, meaty side down.
- Continue cooking until chicken is just slightly charred.
- Remove from grill, and brush with any remaining sauce, Serve immediately or chill before serving.