Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are quick, easy, and delicious!
- 12 hot dog buns, halved
- 1 lb tillamook cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 5 green onions, with tops, chopped
- 1 (225 ml) jar stuffed olives, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Mix all ingredients together except hot dog buns.
- Spread mixture on halved buns.
- Bake in a 300 degree Fahrenheit oven for 5 minutes, then broil until lightly brown.
This was a little too fatty for me, the oil in the cheese, the natural oil in the olives and the 1/2 cup of olive oil was too much, in my opinion. I like the flavor combination here, and I will try it again, but this time cut back on the oil, a lot! Sharon, this is a good recipe, and a good jumping board for a lot of variations, I just think there's too much oil in here.
Made for Make it healthier tag game, this is very tasty treat! I used whole wheat buns and omitted the oil. Thanks! :)
Nice treat when wanting a quick appetizer either for parties or for the kids coming home from school. Would be delicious with alittle Italian sausage or pepperoni too. Thanks for sharing the recipe.