Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Sea Bass is one of my favorite fish so I like to make this quite often. The hot pepper sauces gives it a little kick This cooks quickly and only really needs 30 minutes to marinade. The cooking time includes the 30 minutes marinating time.
- 6 (5 -6 ounce) sea bass steaks (skinless about 5 to 6 oz each about 1/2 inch thick) or 6 (5 -6 ounce) striped bass fillets (skinless about 5 to 6 oz each about 1/2 inch thick)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 7 ounces black bean and rice mix
- lime wedge
- Place fish in a shallow dish.
- Combine cilantro, oil lime juice, pepper sauce and garlic in a small bowl and pour over fish. Cover, marinade in refrigerator 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Prepare black bean and rice mix according to package directions,
- Keep warm.
- Preheat broiler.
- Remove fish from marinade.
- Place fish on rack of broiler pan, drizzle with any remaining marinade in dish.
- Broil 4 – 5 inches from heat 8 to 10 minutes until fish is opaque.
- Serve with black beans and rice and lime wedges.
This was very good, and a milder marinade than I expected, which allowed the flavor of the fish to really come through beautifully. Unfortunately, I had to use Basa instead of Sea Bass, but the marinade was perfect for the mild flavor of the fish. The only thing I would change would be the servings - this could not possibly serve 6! I made 3 large fillets, and I barely had enough marinade for those. I used one 7-oz box of Zatarain's Black Beans and Rice, and the four of us (including DD-7 and DS-4 who don't eat a single adult serving between them) had no leftovers. I would recommend doubling the marinade and making two boxes of rice for 6 people. We will certainly make this again, it was wonderful!!