Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another yummy looking recipe from "Cooking with Paula Deen" magazine.
- 1 sleeve round buttery cracker, crushed
- 1 (5 ounce) containercrumbled blue cheese
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3 large tomatoes, cut in half crosswise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 500. Line a small rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs, blue cheese, bacon, and green onion. Add butter, stirring to mix well. Place tomatoes, cut sides up, on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle tomato halves evenly with salt and pepper. Divide cracker mixture evenly amoung tomato halves.
- Broil, 5 inches from heat, for 6 to 8 minutes, or until lightly browned.
These are so delicious! The ingredients go together so well. Though I made these as a side dish for the rest of my family, they were my dinner! They really hit the spot. I made exactly as stated. Don't expect to keep the topping on the tomatoes though! They can be kind of messy! Thanks for sharing. Made for Photo Tag.