- 1 lb ground round
- 1⁄2 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 6 -8 slices bacon
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can beef consomme soup
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ground meat, green pepper, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, minced onion, egg and mix well.
- Shape into patties about 3 inches across and 1 inch thick.
- Wrap a strip of bacon around each patty and fasten with a toothpick.
- Brown well on both sides, either in a skillet on top of the stove or in a baking pan under the broiler.
- Pour off any excess fat that may accumulate and add the Consommé.
- Bake the patties at 350 degrees, basting occasionally, for 40 to 60 minutes.