Prep 12 mins
Cook 3 mins
A truly unique sweet treat that apple crisp lovers should really give a try! NOTE: this recipe is specifically created for individual ramekins/portions...Any attempt to make it into a 'one pan' dish may alter the recipe beyond the intended results...Alter this recipe at your own risk, LOL!
- 4 bananas
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking oats, UNcooked
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- Peel bananas and drizzle with lemon juice; then cut in half lengthwise and then again across.
- You should have a total of 16 quarters of banana.
- Then distribute these banana quarters equally among 4 broil-and-serve dishes.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, uncooked oats, flour and allspice -- NOTE: Allspice tastes like a combination of nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves, so you could probably substitute a mixture of those three if you're out of allspice or go with just cinnamon.
- Cut butter into the mixture until it resembles crumbs and then spread the crumbs equally over all the bananas.
- Turn on your broiler and place these dishes under the broiler, 5" from the heat source and broil 3 min; the idea is to brown it and warm it at the same time.
- Watch carefully, don't burn it or yourself!
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Unique and really delicious! I used Ambervim's suggestion and made this to go with breakfast. It was so quick and was just the right sweet addition to our meal. I halved the recipe for two and put the ramekins in the oven at 350 for 5 mins. to warm the bananas up and then broiled for 2.5 mins. Thanks for sharing this fun recipe!
I made this for breakfast this morning. This is tasty. I am glad to have another standby so when my yard provides an overabundance of bananas I have another recipe!!!!
Very tasty recipe. It was so simple to make. Will make again. Thanks for posting.