1/4 Photos of Broiled Banana Crisp
A truly unique sweet treat that apple crisp lovers should really give a try! NOTE: this recipe is specifically created for individual ramekins/portions...Any attempt to make it into a 'one pan' dish may alter the recipe beyond the intended results...Alter this recipe at your own risk, LOL!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel bananas and drizzle with lemon juice; then cut in half lengthwise and then again across.
- 2You should have a total of 16 quarters of banana.
- 3Then distribute these banana quarters equally among 4 broil-and-serve dishes.
- 4In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, uncooked oats, flour and allspice -- NOTE: Allspice tastes like a combination of nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves, so you could probably substitute a mixture of those three if you're out of allspice or go with just cinnamon.
- 5Cut butter into the mixture until it resembles crumbs and then spread the crumbs equally over all the bananas.
- 6Turn on your broiler and place these dishes under the broiler, 5" from the heat source and broil 3 min; the idea is to brown it and warm it at the same time.
- 7Watch carefully, don't burn it or yourself!
- 8Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broiled Banana Crisp
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.1
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 55.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 24.6 g
- Protein 2.2 g