A truly unique sweet treat that apple crisp lovers should really give a try! NOTE: this recipe is specifically created for individual ramekins/portions...Any attempt to make it into a 'one pan' dish may alter the recipe beyond the intended results...Alter this recipe at your own risk, LOL!
- Peel bananas and drizzle with lemon juice; then cut in half lengthwise and then again across.
- You should have a total of 16 quarters of banana.
- Then distribute these banana quarters equally among 4 broil-and-serve dishes.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, uncooked oats, flour and allspice -- NOTE: Allspice tastes like a combination of nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves, so you could probably substitute a mixture of those three if you're out of allspice or go with just cinnamon.
- Cut butter into the mixture until it resembles crumbs and then spread the crumbs equally over all the bananas.
- Turn on your broiler and place these dishes under the broiler, 5" from the heat source and broil 3 min; the idea is to brown it and warm it at the same time.
- Watch carefully, don't burn it or yourself!
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.