1/3 Photos of Broiled Balsamic-Maple Vegetables
woodland hues's Note:
A selection of fresh vegetables broiled with a sultry sweet-tangy sauce. This recipe originates in Our Canada magazine, and calls for grilling the veggies. A variety of other veggies could be used also.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb asparagus spear, trimmed
- 3/4 lb carrot, halved and quartered
- 2 small zucchini, halved and cut into thirds
- 1 large red pepper, seeded, cut into eights
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme or 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1For glaze, bring vinegar and syrup to boil in a small saucepan.
- 2Reduce heat and cook over medium heat, keeping an eye on it, until it begins to thicken.
- 3Set aside to cool.
- 4Place cut up vegetables in a large bowl.
- 5Drizzle with olive oil.
- 6sprinkle with seasonings and toss to coat.
- 7Broil vegetables 15 - 20 min, turning and stirring them around once.
- 8Brush with half the glaze and broil 6 - 8 min longer or until crisp tender.
- 9Add remaining glaze just before serving.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broiled Balsamic-Maple Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (348 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.1
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 81.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 24.8 g
- Protein 4.2 g