Prep 5 mins
Cook 11 mins
Sounds like a good recipe to try at the end of the summer.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 4 small zucchini, halved lenghtwise
- salt and pepper
- parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat the broiler.
- Melt the butter in a large cast-iron skillet or something similar with an ovenproof handle.
- Add the garlic and saute over medium-low heat for about 30 seconds, being careful to let the garlic brown.
- Place the zucchini halves face down in the garlic butter and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Saute over medium high heat for about 5 minutes, or until the zucchini are just slightly tender when poked with a fork.
- Turn the zucchini over, and sprinkle generously with parmesan. (Don't worry if the parmesan spills into the pan. It will melt into additional, delicious crust.)
- Cook for just a minute or two longer, then transfer the skillet to the broiler.
- Broil for about 3 to 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Serve hot, and don't forget to scrape up the spilled parmesan from the bottom of the pan.