Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a Molly Katzen recipe, printed in Fitness Magazine (July 2005).
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 4 small zucchini (about 6 inches long each) or 4 small summer squash, halved lengthwise (about 6 inches long each)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly shredded or grated
- Heat broiler.
- Heat olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add garlic and cook 10 seconds or until golden, but not brown.
- Place zucchini cut side down in skillet; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Increase heat to medium and cook 8 minutes, or until the cut surface is caramelized and the zucchini is barely tender.
- Turn zucchini over and top with cheese; cook one minute.
- Transfer skillet to broiler and cook for 3 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
Everyone I've made this for loves it!! I starting taking a short cut and eliminated steps 2 - 6. All I do is add the ingredients on top of the zucchini and broil them a little longer then it says in step 7. The zucchini comes out a little more al dente but thats how I like my veggies. Thanks!
I've made this 4 times slready and my entire family loves it. I've even used the baby zucchini to make miniature boats and the kids loved them--a bit time consuming, though! Very nice for company, too!