Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This vinaigrette marries up very well with the asparagus
- 2 lbs asparagus spears, tough ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- 2 green onions (white and green parts, minced)
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice (from 2 large limes)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Whisk scallions, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, soy sauce, lime juice, and honey together in a small bowl. (this can be done in advance).
- Toss asparagus with oil and salt and pepper, then lay spears in single layer on heavy rimmed baking sheet.
- Broil about 4 inches from heating element, shaking pan halfway through to turn spears, until asparagus is tender and lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drizzle over asparagus and serve immediately.