Broiled Asparagus With Mustard Vinaigrette
- Adjust oven rack to upper position and heat broiler.
- Combine garlic, 1T oil in small bowl and microwave, uncovered until garlic is soften and fragrant, about 1 - 1-1/2 minute. Transfer softened garlic to a cutting board, reserving garlic oil. Using side of sharp knife, mash garlic into fine paste.
- Combine vinegar, mustard, tarragon and garlic paste in medium bowl. Gradually whisk in remaining 3 T oil until incorporated. Season with salt and pepper to taste. (Dressing and garlic oil can be refrigerated in separate airtight containers for up to 2 days.
- Place asparagus in single layer on rimmed backing sheet. Drizzle with reserved garlic oil and season with salt and pepper to taste, tossing gently to coat.
- Broil until asparagus is lightly browned and tender, 8 - 10 minutes, shaking pan to redistribute spears halfway through cooking time. Transfer to platter and drizzle with dressing. Serve.