Prep 8 mins
Cook 12 mins
Oven broiled chicken with ZING! Soon to be one of your favorites too!
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- 59.14 ml honey
- 59.14 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml canola oil
- 44.37 ml rice vinegar
- 14.79 ml red curry paste
- 59.14 ml packed brown sugar
- Thaw chicken breasts completely and place on a foil lined cookie sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Turn oven on broil.
- Whisk together in a small bowl all other ingredients.
- Brush the chicken with the sauce on both sides and place in oven. Brush chicken several times during cooking time to ensure a nice thick glaze.
- Flip chicken at 7 minutes.
- Cooking time is approx 12-15 minutes depending on your oven.
- Best served with rice and sugar snap peas.
- **Or cut the chicken into bite sized pieces before cooking and serve up some savvy chicken appetizers! -- (present with toothpicks).
This was a fabulous dinner. I expanded on the written recipe by slicing the chicken into like-size planks, tossing with minced garlic, lime zest and salt. Then I added the sauce ingredients, but I cut all the sweet stuff (honey, brown sugar) in half. It still tasted plenty sweet. I held out a little of the marinade (about 1/3 cup) and poured the rest of it over the raw chicken, stirring and then chilling in the fridge for an hour. I threaded the chicken onto skewers and broiled as directed. After the chicken was finished, I drizzled it with the reserved sauce. I served over a bed of lightly fried cabbage (butter, onion, salt & pepper) with a dipping sauce made from fresh avocados, lime juice, jalapeno, heavy cream, salt and pepper. The chicken flavor was outstanding, the crunchy cabbage perfect and the creamy, spicy avocado sauce put this over the moon. Seriously! It's a dish we will most definitely enjoy again. Sides of farmers' market green beans and big crunchy French rolls with butter... are you kidding me?! Crazy delicious! I do think the recipe as written would have been waaaaay too sweet for our tastes, but with the adjustments it was perfect. And I do mean perfect. I'm glad I found this recipe to inspire a top-notch dinner!