Recipe by Gay Gilmore
This is so simple and so delicious. It is wonderful to serve fruit as a side dish too.
Top Review by Thorsten
What a deeelish treat. Doesn't matter if you serve it hot or cold, it is fantastic and yet so easy and fast. The dish was prepared in seconds and the apples and pears only need 5 minutes in the oven. The taste of the broiled fruits was outstanding. The flavour of the rosemary goes so well together with the fruit. You have the herbal and resinous flavours of the rosemary and the sweet notes of apples and pears, which have some malty flavours too. The pepper and salt add just the right amount of pepperiness and salty taste to balance the flavours of the fruit and rosemary. The olive oil will blend all the different flavours so well. And it is a fantastic side dish or even a dessert for guests. There are so many possible ways to present it. Serve it for example with some vanilla ice cream and you have a wonderful treat for guests. This is a great recipe, easy and fast to make and absolute deelish. Try it.
- 4 fuji apples, unpeeled halved cored and thinly sliced (can use other non-tart green apples too)
- 4 bosc pears, unpeeled halved cored and thinly sliced (try to get firm not quite ripe pears)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- fresh rosemary, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- Brush 2 baking sheets with olive oil.
- Gently toss apples and pears in oil and rosemary.
- Arrange fruit in single layer on the 2 sheets.
- Broil until fruit is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Watch closely or it will burn-- you may need to turn the sheets to avoid burning.
- Transfer fruit to platter, sprinkle with pepper and a pinch of salt if you wish.
- Garnish with rosemary sprigs.
- Can be made ahead and served at room temperature.