Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
exotic, delicious meal, great for summer
Make and share this Broiled African Lamb Skewers recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cracked coriander seeds
- 1 -3 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- salt and pepper
- 2 lbs leg of lamb
- 1 large red onion
- 2 red bell peppers
- 20 dried apricots
- 1⁄2 cup rough chopped green olives
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- preheat broiler on high.
- combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl, reserving 2 tbsp of the olive oil.
- toss remaining 2 tbsp olive oil with olives, lemon juice, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste.
- cut lamb, peppers, and onion into 1 inch chunks.
- toss lamb, peppers, onion, and apricots into the mixture.
- let stand 30 minutes.
- thread all ingredients on skewers.
- rest skewers in a shallow dish, pouring any liquid into dish.
- broil 3 inches from heat source, turning once, until done to your liking.
- pull the meat, veggies, and apricots off the skewers, piling into a large dish.
- pour any remaining juices over meat and serve with some rice and the olive mixture.