I found this cooking guide on Lindauer Family Farms website when I ran out of gas for my grill. If you like how yor steak is prepared at Outback Steakhouse, then you will love this recipe.
- ADDITIONAL ITEMS - Cast Iron Skillet, Spatula or Tongs.
- Bring your 1 to 2 inch steaks to room temperature and use a clean cloth to remove excess moisture.
- Move oven rack 6 inches from heating element.
- Pre-heat oven and skillet by setting the oven to broiler for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Rub steaks with olive oil, kosher salt and coarsely ground pepper. NOTE: Use any seasonings of your choice.
- Once the skillet is pre-heated, pull out the oven rack and carefully lay steaks on the skillet. NOTE: Pan is Extermely Hot and will spit and splatter.
- Close oven and sear the steaks for 3 minutes on one side, turn and sear the opposite side for 3 minutes. DO NOT USE A FORK TO TURN STEAKS!
- Once seared, set the oven to 500F and cook using this Time Chart. Turn steaks half way through the remaining cooking time.
- Rare (120-130F)1" 0-1 minute, 1 1/4" 2-3 minute, 1 3/4" 4-5 minute
- Medium (140-150F) 1" 2-3 minute, 1 1/4" 4-5 minute, 1 3/4" 6-7 minute
- Medium Well(150-160F) 1" 4-5 minute, 1 1/4" 6-7 minute, 1 3/4" 8-9 minute
- Remove steaks from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Serving on warm plates is recommended to maintain meat temperature.
- I can not stress this tip enough -- Keep the fork in the drawer until ready to eat. Never pierce the meat during cooking.