1/13 Photos of Broil a Perfect Steak
I found this cooking guide on Lindauer Family Farms website when I ran out of gas for my grill. If you like how yor steak is prepared at Outback Steakhouse, then you will love this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1ADDITIONAL ITEMS - Cast Iron Skillet, Spatula or Tongs.
- 2Bring your 1 to 2 inch steaks to room temperature and use a clean cloth to remove excess moisture.
- 3Move oven rack 6 inches from heating element.
- 4Pre-heat oven and skillet by setting the oven to broiler for 15 to 20 minutes.
- 5Rub steaks with olive oil, kosher salt and coarsely ground pepper. NOTE: Use any seasonings of your choice.
- 6Once the skillet is pre-heated, pull out the oven rack and carefully lay steaks on the skillet. NOTE: Pan is Extermely Hot and will spit and splatter.
- 7Close oven and sear the steaks for 3 minutes on one side, turn and sear the opposite side for 3 minutes. DO NOT USE A FORK TO TURN STEAKS!
- 8Once seared, set the oven to 500F and cook using this Time Chart. Turn steaks half way through the remaining cooking time.
- 9Rare (120-130F)1" 0-1 minute, 1 1/4" 2-3 minute, 1 3/4" 4-5 minute
- 10Medium (140-150F) 1" 2-3 minute, 1 1/4" 4-5 minute, 1 3/4" 6-7 minute
- 11Medium Well(150-160F) 1" 4-5 minute, 1 1/4" 6-7 minute, 1 3/4" 8-9 minute
- 12Remove steaks from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
- 13Serving on warm plates is recommended to maintain meat temperature.
- 14I can not stress this tip enough -- Keep the fork in the drawer until ready to eat. Never pierce the meat during cooking.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broil a Perfect Steak
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.0
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 79.0 mg
- Sodium 61.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 29.4 g