Recipe by Brenda.
A Romanian Beef Soup adapted from The Balkan Cookbook by Inge Kramarz.
Top Review by Satyne
This was magnificant, i followed recipe exactly. Didn't state what type of vinegar was used, so i used red wine. I really liked how the flour portian made a sort of 'gnocci' texture in there. Definately want to make sure you break that mixture up so you don't just get one big chunk. Thanks for a great recipe, can't wait to make it again.
- 2 lbs beef (Cut into Thin Strips)
- 2 large onions (Chopped)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups beef stock
- 6 large potatoes (Cubed)
- salt and pepper (To Taste)
- 3 medium bay leaves
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cream (optional)
- 1 tablespoon parsley (Chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion in oil for 10 minutes.
- Add meat and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add broth and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add potatoes, salt, pepper and bay leaves. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove Bay Leaves
- Remove 1/2 cup broth from the soup and slowly stir in the flour, add the flour mixture to the soup.
- Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add vinegar, cream and parsley.
- Stir, remove from heat and serve.