Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Tasty comfort food from "The Float Away Cafe" in Atlanta.
Make and share this Brodo With Soft Cooked Farm Egg, Shaved Artichoke & Porcini recipe from Food.com.
- Remove all outer leaves of artichokes by running a knife up from the stem and discard the leaves.
- Gently peel the stem - leaving it attached to the artichoke bottom.
- With a spoon remove the hairy “choke” and rub the artichoke bottom with half the lemon.
- Clean mushrooms & slice thinly.
- In sauce pot heat olive oil over medium heat and add the garlic.
- Sauté slightly.
- Add the chicken stock.
- Bring to a simmer and season with salt & pepper.
- Thinly slice the artichoke into simmering broth.
- Add mushrooms.
- Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Lower the heat and gently place eggs into broth.
- Cook eggs for 2 minutes and divide soup into four bowls placing an egg into each bowl.
- Garnish with arugula, mizuna or spicy greens.
- Serve with crusty bread.