John 11-44's Note:
Tasty comfort food from "The Float Away Cafe" in Atlanta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove all outer leaves of artichokes by running a knife up from the stem and discard the leaves.
- 2Gently peel the stem - leaving it attached to the artichoke bottom.
- 3With a spoon remove the hairy “choke” and rub the artichoke bottom with half the lemon.
- 4Clean mushrooms & slice thinly.
- 5In sauce pot heat olive oil over medium heat and add the garlic.
- 6Sauté slightly.
- 7Add the chicken stock.
- 8Bring to a simmer and season with salt & pepper.
- 9Thinly slice the artichoke into simmering broth.
- 10Add mushrooms.
- 11Simmer for 3 minutes.
- 12Lower the heat and gently place eggs into broth.
- 13Cook eggs for 2 minutes and divide soup into four bowls placing an egg into each bowl.
- 14Garnish with arugula, mizuna or spicy greens.
- 15Serve with crusty bread.
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brodo With Soft Cooked Farm Egg, Shaved Artichoke & Porcini
Serving Size: 1 (1336 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 203.4
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 211.5 mg
- Sodium 2265.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 19.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: