Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tasty comfort food from "The Float Away Cafe" in Atlanta.
- 8 cups rich chicken broth or 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 extra large fresh fertile farm eggs
- 2 globe artichokes
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- 4 porcini mushrooms
- 1 bunch arugula or 1 bunch mizuna
- 1 teaspoon salt (To Taste)
- 1 teaspoon pepper (To Taste)
- Remove all outer leaves of artichokes by running a knife up from the stem and discard the leaves.
- Gently peel the stem - leaving it attached to the artichoke bottom.
- With a spoon remove the hairy “choke” and rub the artichoke bottom with half the lemon.
- Clean mushrooms & slice thinly.
- In sauce pot heat olive oil over medium heat and add the garlic.
- Sauté slightly.
- Add the chicken stock.
- Bring to a simmer and season with salt & pepper.
- Thinly slice the artichoke into simmering broth.
- Add mushrooms.
- Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Lower the heat and gently place eggs into broth.
- Cook eggs for 2 minutes and divide soup into four bowls placing an egg into each bowl.
- Garnish with arugula, mizuna or spicy greens.
- Serve with crusty bread.