Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tasty comfort food from "The Float Away Cafe" in Atlanta.
Make and share this Brodo With Soft Cooked Farm Egg, Shaved Artichoke & Porcini recipe from Food.com.
- Remove all outer leaves of artichokes by running a knife up from the stem and discard the leaves.
- Gently peel the stem - leaving it attached to the artichoke bottom.
- With a spoon remove the hairy “choke” and rub the artichoke bottom with half the lemon.
- Clean mushrooms & slice thinly.
- In sauce pot heat olive oil over medium heat and add the garlic.
- Sauté slightly.
- Add the chicken stock.
- Bring to a simmer and season with salt & pepper.
- Thinly slice the artichoke into simmering broth.
- Add mushrooms.
- Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Lower the heat and gently place eggs into broth.
- Cook eggs for 2 minutes and divide soup into four bowls placing an egg into each bowl.
- Garnish with arugula, mizuna or spicy greens.
- Serve with crusty bread.