Recipe by Sharon123
I like that this doesn't have any milk in it but still has lots of flavor! Adapted from Food & Wine magazine.
Top Review by Paka
I made this recipe using frozen cauliflower and fresh broccoli. I steamed them both a bit before assembly. I had to leave out ANY olives as DH hates them! I would have enjoyed both. I reheated the leftovers in the microwave with a bit of water added. Thank you.
- 4 cups broccoli florets (from 2 small heads)
- 4 cups cauliflower florets (from 1 small head)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 lb sharp cheddar cheese, coarsely shredded (2 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup pitted oil cured green olives, coarsely chopped (or black)
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Butter a 2" deep 2 quart baking dish. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil, add the broccoli and cauliflower and cook until crisp tender, about 3 minutes. Drain thoroughly.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tbls. of the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and crushed red pepper flakes and cook just until fragrant. Remove from heat and add the broccoli and cauliflower; toss.
- Toss half of the cheese, and olives with the vegetables. Transfer to the baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- In a small bowl, toss the crumbs with the remaining 2 tbls. olive oil; season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle the crumbs over the cheese.
- Bake in the upper third of the oven for about 12 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbling and the crumbs are golden.
- Serve hot. Enjoy!