I like that this doesn't have any milk in it but still has lots of flavor! Adapted from Food & Wine magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups broccoli florets (from 2 small heads)
- 4 cups cauliflower florets (from 1 small head)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 lb sharp cheddar cheese, coarsely shredded (2 cups)
- 1/4 cup pitted oil cured green olives, coarsely chopped (or black)
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 400*F.
- 2Butter a 2" deep 2 quart baking dish. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil, add the broccoli and cauliflower and cook until crisp tender, about 3 minutes. Drain thoroughly.
- 3In a large skillet, heat 2 tbls. of the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and crushed red pepper flakes and cook just until fragrant. Remove from heat and add the broccoli and cauliflower; toss.
- 4Toss half of the cheese, and olives with the vegetables. Transfer to the baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- 5In a small bowl, toss the crumbs with the remaining 2 tbls. olive oil; season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle the crumbs over the cheese.
- 6Bake in the upper third of the oven for about 12 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbling and the crumbs are golden.
- 7Serve hot. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brocolli Cauliflower Gratin With Cheddar Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (1142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 516.4
- Calories from Fat 320
- Total Fat 35.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 59.6 mg
- Sodium 732.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 22.1 g