Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
French Toast souffle style, with a hint of orange!!! Great brunch dish served with mimosas! As served at the 'Brockton Villa Restaurant' overlooking the sparkling Pacific Ocean in the very lovely seaside community of La Jolla, California (la jolla is Spanish for 'the pearl'). http://www.brocktonvilla.com/
- 1 loaf soft French bread (sliced)
- 1 quart whipping cream
- 10 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons orange flavoring
- powdered sugar, to serve
- Combine liquid ingredients. Pour over bread slices. Cover and refrigerate at least one hour.
- Remove bread and discard liquid. Spread butter on flat grill.
- Cook bread until golden brown, then bake at 450Â° for 5 -7 minutes or until bread is puffed up like a soufflÃ©. Dust with powdered sugar.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 6.
- (note: be sure to refrigerate at least one hour before cooking).