Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
These tasty nachos actually will taste like a BLT--great game food!
- 4 -5 ounces tortilla chips, best
- 6 -8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- bacon, cut in pieces, crumbled
- 1 cup lettuce, finely shredded
- 8 -10 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 pinch basil leaves
- 1 pinch thyme
- 1 pinch oregano leaves
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- To make sauce stir sauce ingredients together.
- Place chips on a baking sheet in one layer but they can overlap; sprinkle with cheese and bacon, evenly over the top. (cheese first).
- Bake this mixture for 4-6 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the lettuce on top. Spoon on the tomatoes. Drizzle the sauce on top making sure each chip mixture has received sauce.
I used chicken stock instead of wine. Great flavor, great taste. A new family favorite!!! Thanks, made for PRMR!!!
DH & I loved every bite of this unique, tasty & easy recipe to make for BLT lovers! The recipe did not say in the ingredient list or prep how much bacon to use or to cook it, but I assumed the cook part from the word crumbled & assumed the amt was a pers pref type thing. I used just 1 tsp of vinegar in the sauce as DH does not favor a prominent vinegar flavor. We enjoyed this as an appy snack last nite. Thx for posting the recipe for us.