1/1 Photo of Brochettes of Melon, Prosciutto, and Fresh Mozzarella
Grace Lynn's Note:
This recipe is based on a Bon Appetit recipe found on Epicurious.com. I made a few changes on size and presentation and I got "WOWs" from everyone at my luncheon! If you want the original version, just go to Epicurious under the same recipe title.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Puree olive oil, basil and shallot in processor until basil and shallot are finely chopped.
- 2Can be made the day before and bring out to room temperature for an hour before serving.
- 3Make round balls from the smaller end of a melon baller, leave at least a half inch around the edges. Hold a toothpick with 2 fingers, stick in a melon ball with the rounded side down.
- 4Next, roll up a piece of prosciutto and place it on top of the melon ball.
- 5Then stick in a mozzarella piece at the end.
- 6Stick the toothpick with the mozzarella side down into the rim of the cantaloupe.
- 7Repeat until both half of the cantaloupe rims are filled with these little brochettes.
- 8Can be made 2 hours ahead, cover and refrigerate.
- 9Divide and pour the sauce into the 2 bowls of the cantaloupe.
- 10Dip a brochette into the sauce and put the whole thing in your mouth at once.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brochettes of Melon, Prosciutto, and Fresh Mozzarella
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 203.7
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 16.8 mg
- Sodium 142.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: