Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I tried this recipe out of curiosity one day. I actually didn't expect my kids to like it, but they did. I'm not saying that all kids will like it (mine like things lots of kids don't). In fact, our whole family enjoys this healthy dip. This dip would be appreciated by those who have an appetite for healthy things. This is one recipe in my collection that I would not serve to just anyone. For instance, my FIL would never touch it in a million years! I usually serve it with pretzels.
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli, cooked and chilled
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 tablespoon fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 -3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 garlic clove
- In a food processor or blender, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Serve with vegetables or tortilla chips. Yield: 6 servings.
This was quite good! Before leaving on vacation (and trying to watch my weight before putting on that swimsuit), I was looking for something to use up the leftover broccoli in the fridge. This was just what I was looking for! It came together very easily and was tasty to boot. Fresh garlic is a key in this recipe. I only used 1 tbsp of lemon juice and 1/4 tsp of the chili powder. I then added fresh cracked pepper to the final mixture. Made a great tv snack with crunchy celery sticks. Thanks, I'm sure I'll be making this one again!
There are times that I wish I had a food processor, and this is one of those times. Hard to do with a blender, but made it anyways. Based on reviews, I used 1 T lemon juice and 1/4 tsp chili powder. Also used dried minced onions (1 T). This is good with tortilla chips. Now I have something to do with my broccoli stems, besides blanching and freezing for broccoli soup! :)
Just so-so for us. First time out I used full amount of lemon, which is too much for us.