Recipe by DogAndCatDoc
This comes from the Taste of Home website...I was skeptical at first, but as a calorie watcher and a broccoli lover I gave it a try. The original recipe did not call for garlic, but I found that garlic was delicious! I suppose you could experiment with cilantro or cumin as well. Don't taste it until it is well chilled or you will be disappointed. Try not to use the preminced bottled garlic...throw in a real clove (or less)...it is fantastic...but VERY strong garlic flavor with one clove!
Top Review by joy of jess
This was a remarkable hit! I decided to try it because I had a lot of broccoli that I wanted to use up and was looking for some kind of an appetizer for that evening. I did make a few changes: I substituted cottage cheese for the sour cream & doubled it to 1/2 cup. I also skipped the mayonnaise, garlic & onion & replaced them to taste with red chili sauce, salt and the suggested cilantro. Served it with tortilla chips & like I said, everyone loved it!
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped and steamed very soft
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat yogurt or 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 1 tablespoon low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, (use less if you don't love garlic)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until very smooth.
- Chill at least a few hours before tasting.
- Can serve with chips, crackers, or as a veggie dip.
- Keeps well in fridge (at least three days -- don't know beyond that because it gets devoured!).
- Cooking time listed is for chilling time.