Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Simple and tasty recipe that's like garlic broccoli but uses the more tender broccolini. You can use all of the broccolini, just trim the ends.
- 2 bunches Broccolini, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Combine chicken broth, oyster sauce, vinegar, chili paste, and cornstarch, and mix well. Set aside.
- Spray a wok with olive oil spray and heat over high heat until a splash of water dances on the surface.
- Add garlic and ginger and stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Add sesame oil and broccolini and stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add sauce and continue to stir fry for another 4-5 minutes until the sauce is thickened and broccolini is tender-crisp.
- Stir in scallions and heat through.
Sooo delicious! I am sure this would be a great side dish, but I subbed half pound of ground turkey for 1 bunch of the broccolini to make this a meal, and it was fantastic. I also used 1/2-1 tablespoon peanut oil to stir fry, and a tablespoon of sweet chili sauce. I can't wait to use this with other meats and veggies (I think carrots, celery, water chestnuts and broccoli would all be good). You could even throw in some cashews. The base sauce/aromatics is just that good, you could pair it with anything.
So quick and easy to bring together, the only change I made was to stir fry my broccolini whole and served it with vegie pack fried rice and Ginger and Lemon Pork and Chicken and was thoroughly enjoyed by the 3 of us (I used 1 1/2 bunches of broccolini and doubled the other ingredients) thank you Bolistoli made of Best of 2013 tag game.
Loved this! Quick and easy to prepare, and the taste was exceptional! My biggest disappointment was that I didn't make this when I had daylight hours to get a good picture. This is so beautiful and such a vibrant green color. I will definitely make this again. Thanks for sharing! Made for Best of 2013 Tag game.