Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
You can use either the broccolini or broccoli crowns. We also thought asparagus would be nice with this. If you have it, you can use a comercial dijon/mayo mixture. Otherwise, its easy enough to mix them yourself. I got 6 open faced sandwiches out of this on homemade rye bread. Our bread might not be sized the same as store bought so this may make a difference in the serving size. I don't think I could have gotten more out of it but I could have piled more of the broccolini on the bread and made 4, just so you know. I hope you like these. We had them for dinner with Bacon, Avocado & Tomato Salad Bacon, Avocado & Tomato Salad, this would also make a nice lunch, especially for company.
- Melt EVOO and butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and saute until soft.
- Add garlic and broccolini and saute until the broccolini is tender.
- Meanwhile mix equal parts of the mayo and mustard together adding extra of either to suit your personal tastes.
- Place each slice of bread on a baking sheet and spread some of the dijon mayo mixture on them.
- Top each with a portion of the broccolini and onion mixture.
- Top the broccolini with a slice of cheddar cheese (use more or less cheese to taste, I like it very cheesy).
- Place under a pre-heated broiler until the cheese is melted to your liking.
- Serve hot and enjoy.